SPARKLE is a fun group game that our students ALWAYS want to play! Before our Friday test, we spend about ten minutes playing several rounds of SPARKLE.
- The class forms a circle.
- The teacher says a list word.
- The first student says the first letter of the word.
- The next student in line says the second letter.
- The student next in line says the third letter. This continues until all letters of the list word have been spoken.
- The student in line AFTER the last letter, then says the list word.
- The next student in line says "SPARKLE" and is OUT, and sits on the floor.
- Anytime a student says the wrong letter, he/she is out and sits on the floor.
- The winner picks from our Treasure Box!
This is an easy game to review words; and because it is so quick, all students are active and multiple games can be played in a short time span.
I am always learning something new from my favorite colleague, guess that's why together we are The Kindergarten Goonies XOXO
Please click here to get your Reading Street Sight Word Spelling Test FREEBIE!